Learning to understand local, national, and global processes.
A more varied range of earth sciences than almost any other location: that's what our programme of study offers. Whether in the bachelor's programmes Geoecology and African Development Studies in Geography or in the master's programmes Geoecology and Human Geography, we offer small groups and an interdisciplinary approach to study. Here you will also find the international master's programmes Global Change Ecology, Environmental Geography, Environmental Chemistry, and Experimental Geosciences.
To help you find your bearings quickly, we have put together all the relevant information on studying at the Department of Earth Sciences. The various ways we offer guidance and support will help you along the way, from enrolment to graduation. General information about studying at the University of Bayreuth can be found here.
For our first-year-students we offer a precourse for mathematics. Do not miss the welcome event of your study programme als well as the offers for first-year-students of the faculty.
If you have questions about the curriculum or the organization of a programme, please contact Jasmin Samimi, Study Coordinator for Earth Sciences (phone: 0921/ 55-2257; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Geography: Society and Environment (B.Sc.)
- Geographies of international Development, Focus on Africa (B.A.)
- Geoecology - Environmental Sciences (B.Sc.)
- Environmental Chemistry (M.Sc.)
- Environmental Geography (M.Sc.)
- Experimental Geosciences (M.Sc.)
- Geoecology: Environmental Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Global Change Ecology (M.Sc.)
- Human Geography (M.Sc.)
Teacher Education Programmes
- Geography/Chemistry Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Geography/GermanTeaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Geography/English Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Geography/Physics Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Geography/Economics Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Geography/German Teaching Programme for Realschulen
- Geography/English Teaching Programme for Realschulen
- Geography/Economics Teaching Programme for Realschulen