Uncovering nature's secrets.
Did you know that the University of Bayreuth is a national leader in the field of chemistry? You will be well-prepared to take on future-oriented careers thanks to our spectrum of subject areas, which ranges from polymer chemistry to biochemistry. What's more, you'll have the freedom to choose your own areas of emphasis from a broad array of subjects, while benefiting from small groups and practice-oriented supervision. Check out our YouTube video for further information. Interested in enrolling in a teacher education programme in chemistry? If so, you're in the right place!
To help you find your bearings quickly, we have put together all the relevant information on studying at the Department of Chemistry. We offer guidance and support to help you along the way, from enrolment to graduation. General information about studying at the University of Bayreuth can be found here.
For our first-year-students we offer a precourse for mathematics. Do not miss the welcome event of your study programme als well as the offers for first-year-students of the faculty.
If you have questions about the curriculum or the organization of a programme, please contact Silke Reimann, Study Coordinator for Chemistry (phone: 0921/ 55-2538; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Biochemistry (B.Sc.)
- Chemistry (B.Sc.)
- Polymer & Colloid Chemistry (B.Sc.)
- Sustainable Chemistry & Energy (B.Sc.)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (M.Sc.)
- Materials Chemistry & Catalysis (M.Sc.)
- Natural Products & Drug Chemistry (M.Sc.)
- Polymer Science (M.Sc.)
Teacher Education Programmes
- Chemistry/Mathematics Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Chemistry/Biology Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Chemistry/Geography Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Chemistry/Biology Teaching Programme for Realschulen and Vocational Schools
- Chemistry/Mathematics Teaching Programme for Realschulen and Vocational Schools
- Master's in STEM Teaching
- Supplemental Programme in STEM Teaching