Interdisciplinary centres for excellence in research
The Faculty of Biology, Chemistry & Earth Sciences is involved in a host of research centres and research associations that also represent international beacons of research and teaching.
I. Research Associations
- BIGSAS (Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies)
- SFB 840 "From particulate nanosystems to mesotechnology"
- SFB 1357 "Microplastics"
- Elite Network of Bavaria
II. Research Centres
- BayCEER (Bayreuth Centre of Ecology & Environmental Research)
- BayMAT (Bayreuth Centre for Materials Science & Engineering)
- BGI (Bavarian Research Institute of Experimental Geochemistry & Geophysics)
- BIMF (Bayreuth Institute for Macromolecular Research)
- BPI (Bavarian Polymer Institute)
- BZKG (Bayreuth Centre for Colloids & Interfaces)
- BZMB (Bayreuth Centre for Molecular Biosciences)
- IAS (Institute of African Studies)
- NBNC (Northern Bavarian NMR-Centre)