From molecules to organisms.
Biology is one of the key sciences of the 21st century. From understanding ecological relationships to investigating illnesses, the life sciences cover a broad spectrum of issues of high social relevance. Bayreuth offers outstanding opportunities to pursue studies in the fields of molecular biosciences, ecology and environmental sciences, and food and health sciences.
To help you find your bearings quickly, we have put together all the relevant information on studying at the Department of Biology. We offer guidance and support to help you along the way, from enrolment to graduation. General information about studying at the University of Bayreuth can be found here.
For our first-year-students we offer a precourse for mathematics. Do not miss the welcome event of your study programme als well as the offers for first-year-students of the faculty.
If you have questions about the curriculum or the organization of the B.Sc. programme in Biology, please contact the Study Coordinator Firdevs Kesici (phone: 0921/55-5812, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you need any advice or support concerning the Master's programmes in biology please contact the Study Coordinator Dr. Marlen Goldschmidt (phone: +49 921/55-5833, e-mail: email@example.com).
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (M.Sc.)
- Biodiversity & Ecology (M.Sc.)
- Food & Health Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Molecular Ecology (M.Sc.)
Teacher Education Programmes
- Biology/Chemistry Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Biology/English Teaching Programme for Gymnasien
- Biology/Chemistry Teaching Programme for Realschulen
- Biology/English Teaching Programme for Realschulen
- Master's in STEM Teaching
- Supplemental Programme in STEM Teaching